SCREENING FOR HEALTH PROBLEMS
Arranging for your child to receive regular check-ups and scheduled immunizations is one of the most important things you can do to keep your child healthy. We will be happy to work with you to make sure that your child receives the medical attention he or she needs. We will also keep a watchful eye on your child each day and let you know if we have any concerns. We hope that you will share any observations or concerns that you have with us.
CHECKING FOR GOOD HEALTH PRACTICES
On a daily basis, we check to be sure that good health practices are in place in our program. For example, we:
- Make sure toys and equipment are germ-free
- Sanitize the diapering and toileting areas
- Follow personal hygiene practices, especially washing hands
- Make sure the sleeping and rest areas are clean and comfortable
- Carefully monitor the eating areas for cleanliness
- Plan healthy meals and snacks
- Do our best to prevent the spread of disease by washing hands and disposing of tissues in covered trash cans
TEACHING GOOD HEALTH PRACTICES
Finally, to keep your child healthy in child care, we model and teach good health practices. These include washing hands regularly, eating a balanced diet, sneezing and coughing away from other people, and using tissues to blow noses and then disposing of them in a trash can.